Over 69 million pounds of EPS were recycled in 2008. In the past decade EPS has achieved an average recycling rate of 12%, one of the highest of the plastics family.
What is made from this recycled EPS?
- More EPS (expandable polystyrene) in several different forms: packaging peanuts, shape molded and block molded
- Picture frames, door and window frames, coat hangers, park benches, flower pots, toys, rulers, stapler bodies, seedling containers, CD and DVD cases
- Mixed with concrete to produce new building products such as prefabricated concrete blocks.
- Co-mingled plastics products such as decking, lumber and interior trim.
- Mixed with soil and compost to promote aeration.
Let us help you in your efforts to recycle EPS and Styrofoam.